As a Virginia Distinguished Purple Star School, St. Louis Catholic School welcomes and supports our military students and families from Fort Belvoir, Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling, the Pentagon, Fort Myers, the U.S. Coast Guard Station and other military facilities throughout the Washington, D.C. area.
During Your Time at St. Louis Catholic School
St. Louis School recognizes, celebrates and supports our military connected families throughout the school year:
- Veteran's Day Mass & Military Families Reception
- Purple Up! Day and the Month of the Military Child (April)
- Purple Star Project: a student-based group that offer Middle School military-connected students the opportunity to participate in three service projects throughout the year that will enhance and enrich the St. Louis School community on military topics. This group will meet monthly during the middle school lunch period to plan, prepare, and assist with our military outreach initiatives.
- Adopt-a-Solider: School families refer young soldiers who may be deployed for our students to adopt and connect with with prayers, letters, and care packages throughout the year.
- Purple Star Bulletin: a monthly newsletter with a military awareness focus distributed to all school families.
- School Counselor, Mrs. Jennifer Cotnoir, provides support to military-connected students who may face frequent relocation or a deployed parent.
- Resource Team fosters growth and success by providing assistance and programs to serve students with special needs according to the resources available within the school.
- Child Care Aware: The St. Louis School Extended Day Care program is an approved provider in the Operation Military Child Care (OMCC) Program. Military families may qualify for financial assistance through the Child Care Aware of America Military Fee Assistance program.
Planning Your Departure from St. Louis Catholic School