Policies and Procedures for K-8 Admission
APPLICATION PRIORITY CRITERIA
The school sets registration procedures and admission policies. The availability of space and the order of preference for admission of applications received by the appropriate deadlines for first round of consideration is determined by the school according to general criteria below. All applications received after the first round deadline will be considered in the order in which received regardless of priority criteria.
- Children currently enrolled in the St. Louis Preschool (for Kindergarten)
- Siblings of children currently enrolled in St. Louis Catholic School
- Children from St. Louis parish
- Children from recently relocated practicing Catholic, active duty military families*
- Children from other Catholic parishes
- Children from non-Catholic families
Children who will have reached the age of five years by September 30th may be admitted to a kindergarten program. Readiness testing, at the discretion of school officials, may be used to determine, among other things, the developmentally appropriate placement in the kindergarten program.
- All academically qualified students are welcome at St. Louis Catholic School regardless of race, creed, or ethnic origin. Families who wish to enroll their children at St. Louis Catholic School can download an application packet from our website.
- Only St. Louis Catholic School admissions packets will be accepted for consideration. Prospective families who have submitted an application through the Arlington Diocese enrollment portal will need to submit a St. Louis application as well to be placed in the applicant pool.
- All prospective students must be screened and prior school records reviewed before acceptance.* Kindergarten assessments are scheduled beginning early February. Assessments for transfer students (1st-8th grades) are scheduled upon receipt of the complete application packet and student records.
- An application must be completed and submitted with a non-refundable application fee.
- Complete application packets may only be submitted electronically.
- Notification of acceptance will begin March 1st.
*St. Louis Catholic School follows the Fairfax County Public Schools Inclement Weather policy. In the event of a delayed opening on a scheduled assessment date, the testing time will be pushed back as appropriate for the same day. In the event schools are closed, prospective families will be contacted to re-schedule.
2021-2022 APPLICATION DEADLINES
St. Louis Catholic School welcomes K-8 applications for the 2021-2022 school year beginning November 1, 2020.
|December 1, 2020||Sibling and St. Louis parishioner priority application deadline. Applications from these groups received after this date will be considered in the order received within the appropriate Catholic and non-Catholic priority categories.|
|February 1, 2021||Rising Kindergarten students from St. Louis Preschool priority application deadline.|
|February 1, 2021||All other applicants are encouraged to apply by this date to be considered in the first round of evaluations according to the order in which they are received within the appropriate Catholic and non-Catholic priority categories.|
All applications, regardless of priority criteria, received after February 1st will be considered in the order in which they are received should space be available.
Enrollment is contingent upon receipt of all required information, a successful review of the application by the Admissions Committee, and the payment of all fees, including a non-refundable registration fee.
St. Louis does not maintain wait lists beyond the currently accepted application year. Applicants may be placed on a wait list for the current application year and will remain on the wait list until the start of the school year. If at any time you wish to be removed from the wait list, please contact the school registrar (email@example.com).
Applications do not carry over year to year. You must re-apply the following school year should you remain interested in St. Louis Catholic School.