Policies and Procedures for Admission
APPLICATION PRIORITY CRITERIA
The school sets registration procedures and admission policies. The availability of space and the order of preference for admission is determined by the school according to the following general criteria:
- Children currently enrolled in the St. Louis Preschool
- Siblings of children currently enrolled in St. Louis Catholic School
- Children from St. Louis parish and children from practicing Catholic active duty military families
- Children from other Catholic parishes
- Children from non-Catholic families
For information on space availability for the 2019-2020 school year, please contact the school at 703-768-7732, Tuesday-Friday, 9am-noon.
Application packets for the 2020-2021 school will be available on November 1, 2019 and will be accepted beginning November 17, 2019.
- All academically qualified students are welcome at St. Louis Catholic School regardless of race, creed, or ethnic origin. Families who wish to enroll their children at St. Louis Catholic School can download an application or may pick up an application packet in the school office.
- All prospective students must be screened and prior school records reviewed before acceptance.* Kindergarten assessments are scheduled beginning the week of February 11th. Assessments for transfer students (1st-8th grades) are scheduled upon receipt of the complete application packet and student records.
- An application must be completed and submitted with a non-refundable application fee of $50.00 per student.
- Applications may be submitted in-person or by mail.
- Notification of Kindergarten acceptance will begin at the end of February; 1st-8th Grade acceptance in early March.
*St. Louis Catholic School follows the Fairfax County Public School Inclement Weather policy. In the event of a delayed opening on a scheduled assessment date, the testing time will be pushed back as appropriate for the same day. In the event schools are closed, prospective families will be contacted to re-schedule.
St. Louis Catholic School welcomes applications for the 2019-2020 school year beginning Nov. 11, 2018, and there is no deadline to apply. Families are encouraged to apply by February 8, 2019 to be considered in the first round of evaluations. Applications received by this date will be considered for possible acceptance in the first round of evaluations according to the order in which they are received within each priority category outlined above.
All applications, regardless of priority criteria, received after February 8th will be considered in the order in which they are received should space be available.
Enrollment is contingent upon receipt of all required information, a successful review of the application by the Admissions Committee, and the payment of all fees, including a non-refundable registration fee.
For assistance with the application process, please contact the school registrar, Renee Madden, email@example.com
AGE FOR KINDERGARTEN ADMISSION
Children who will have reached the age of five years by September 30th may be admitted to a kindergarten program. Readiness testing, at the discretion of school officials, may be used to determine, among other things, the developmentally appropriate placement in the kindergarten program.